Monday, February 22, 2010

Quality Family Time

Well, it's Monday again. The weekend is over. I'm back at work and I'm wondering where does the time go? On Fridays...it feels like the weekend is just looming ahead of you, with countless hours to do whatever you want. Then, in an instant, it's gone! For what it's worth, we all had a wonderful weekend. David had his interview Friday at Transplace, and it went well. The only thing that may trip him up is that she asked him how many WPM he could type. He was honest, and told her he has the two finger typing thing going on! Anyway, they had several more interviews, but are planning to have a decision by this Wednesday. Keep him/that job for him in your prayers please! After the interview, we drove back home, I threw some clothes in a bag & we all loaded up & headed down to Big David's. Since everyone was starving to death, and I didn't fix dinner, we stopped at Cracker Barrel in Springdale & had dinner. (Yes, we were all SO hungry we couldn't even make it to the C.B. in Alma!). As I sat at the table, looking at David, BOTH my children, my daughter in love & my tiny precious grandson, my HEART JUST SWELLED UP! And I reminded myself that this is what LIFE is all about. We took our time, laughed, visited & truly enjoyed the time together. Then we got back on the road. Let me tell you, David, Boogie & I can make that trip in 4 1/2 hours when we just hit the road & drive. Stop once for gas & a bathroom break & we're there!. But, BUT, when you have 2 cars, 5 adults, a dog, a puppy & a 2 month old, my oh my, it's a wonder we EVER made it down there! But, we did. And we all had a GREAT time. Eddy got to spend a lot of quality time with his dad & grandpa. I got to spend time with both girls & my Hunter man! We cooked & cleaned up together. We sat around & just talked...really talked. About EVERYTHING. Brittni's boyfriend, Des' worries about Eddy leaving - everything. And on Saturday night, we went to the traditional "sale" in Pine Bluff. It's actually an auction, where everybody brings a bunch of junk they don't want, & other people bid on the junk they think they want. There wasn't really anything there for me Saturday night, but the girls found some very old books they just had to have, & since I'm the designated bidder...well, needless to say, they got the books. I should go on and tell you though, that I've been known to pay more for something there, that you could out & buy new at the store! That's because, I'm pretty dangerous when the bidding starts. I have a real problem with "losing"...and if I don't keep bidding until I "win"...well, I'm not a happy camper. Never mind that I end up paying more than the item is worth...I just have to "win". So sometimes, David takes my number away from me & makes me let him bid, especially if he knows it's something that can get pretty expensive! The kids left before we did, to go on a little side trip. Eddy wanted to make sure & go see his Granny Shirley before he left this time, and introduce her to Desiree & Hunter Lee. Granny Shirley was Big David's wife for 17 or 18 years. She is an AMAZING woman. We lived with her & Big David for a little while when we first got married. We lived with her when I was pregnant with & had Eddy. She took care of me and David...then Eddy. She loved us with all her heart. Unconditionally. And she holds a very special place in my family's heart. But, a few years ago, things went bad & her & Big David got a divorce. And it was a nasty divorce. So the kids had to "sneak off" to go see her while we were there. I wanted to go along SO bad, but - I had to "take one for the team" & conspire with my David to keep his dad busy so they could go. They really enjoyed getting to see her. I'm happy they got the chance. Yesterday, we got up, me & the girls fixed breakfast, Eddy & Des went 4 wheeling in the jeep while Brittni & I watched Hunter. Then Buddy Cox showed up to meet his "little nephew". We've kinda adopted Buddy, and he's adopted us & our family. Both his sons have passed away, he's divorced & pretty much all alone. I really think we're good for him, and I know he makes an impact in our lives as well. I took tons of pictures of Big David holding Hunter, Buddy holding Hunter, we got a four generation picture, and some that are just fun! But before we knew it, it was time to load up & head on home. We ended up stopping at Ryan's in Russellville for dinner last night. Once again, I looked around the table at my family & thanked God for all my blessings. My heart was SO happy. Until Eddy mentioned that he'll/they'll be leaving on Saturday, and that this was his last official "leave" at home until he gets his R & R during his deployment. (That's a 2 week break at home he gets sometime during his time in Iraq). Then my eyes filled with tears & my heart filled with fear and sadness. I realized that I haven't got much time....Eddy time that is. So, for the next week, that's my focus. Eddy. And spending time with Eddy. And loving on Eddy. And well, you get the picture. Have a great week! me

No comments:

Post a Comment