Friday, February 12, 2010

Sleep - or lack thereof...

There is this little saying that I've heard over the years, that I never thought much about until now. It is, "Sleep is over-rated". Not true, not true, SO not true. It seems I've been missing out on some sleep these past two nights & it has finally caught up with me! The good news is, it's Friday. And if I can just make it through today, all will be well. The reason I've been missing sleep is because I've been up well past 1 a.m. the past 2 nights. Like, last night I think it was about 3 when I finally fell asleep. And the reason I've been up so late is because, yes, you guessed it .....HUNTER IS HOME! Des & him drove in Wednesday night. She didn't get to our house until after 10, and Grandma had some loving to do on her boy! Me & Dez always stay up late talking the first night she's home. I want to hear all about Hunter, Eddy, life in Kansas, and she just wants to talk to someone that'll actually talk back- ha ha. Just kidding, but really, I'm sure it does get so lonely for her up there. Eddy goes to work early every morning, and all day it's just her & Hunter in their little apartment. She doesn't know anyone up there, so unless she's got a doctors appointment or something, she's pretty much on her own! Anyway, Eddy drove down last night & didn't get here until midnight. I'm one of THOSE moms, that don't sleep well when I know my kids making a 5 hour road trip after he worked a 10 hour day. But - it must not be as hard on a 22 year old as it would be me, because 30 minutes after he got there he asked me to baby sit Hunter while him & Dez went to Wal Mart!!! My brain was telling me...you have to get up in 5 hours & go to work...but the Grandma in me said-"BABYSIT HUNTER? HECK YEAH!" So I did. And now, NOW I'm paying for it. I stopped and got a quad shot on the way to work this morning....but it hasn't phased me! Woe is me! Anyway, we're back to cramming as much love, time, visiting etc into the time we have together as we can. They'll be here until the end of February. Then before we know it, Eddy will be leaving for Wal Mart (code name for Iraq - it seems the army doesn't want any of us to know where/when he's leaving), and Dez and Hunter will be moving back to Arkansas to wait on Eddy to come home! I keep trying to convince Dez that she should just stay with us (imagine that), but she wants to try get her own place. Either way, her & Hunter will just be a short drive away, instead of 5 hours! On to other news...Brittni is looking for a new job and has a 2nd interview at Toyota this morning. She won't actually be selling cars, she'll be doing call backs on internet leads, but I would love it if she could get this job and get away from Subway. It'll be more money, benefits, and hopefully help her to move toward getting back in school. The precious girl only has 2 more years before she gets her teaching degree, money is holding her back, and I'm afraid it's going to get her down. Subway pays just enough for her living expenses & she's not been able to pay off her JBU balance so she can transfer to the U of A & finish up. So, whoever might be reading this (all 1 or maybe 2 of you...) pray for Brittni. She's an amazing beautiful, smart, driven young woman, that actually KNOWS what she wants to do with her life, she just needs the opportunity to accomplish it! And I know in my heart of hearts she will. It'll just be on God's time, not ours! That's all for now. me

No comments:

Post a Comment