Friday, February 19, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

So yesterday was another jam packed day for me! Thank goodness for the night before, when it was just me & David & we had leftovers, watched American Idol & went to bed early. But yesterday started out relatively normal. We got up, had coffee together watched the news then I got ready & went to work. Since David's not working my routine has been to go home & lunch. It kinda breaks up his very boring day, and I get to see/spend a little time with my favorite person in the world. AND since the kids are home until March...I also get to squeeze in a little Hunter-Grandma time too! But yesterday when I came home David was in our room with the door shut. He was on the phone with Transplace, and they were talking to him about a JOB!!!! It seems they have a great need for a night time logistics coordinator. Now, I'm not all that happy about it being at night, but we are ALL KINDS of happy about the job. He doesn't actually have the job yet, but he does have an interview at 4:00 this afternoon! And he is NERVOUS! Really nervous. This is a desk job, and David has never done anything like this in his life! I think he'd be great at it. But...first things first, what to wear? He's a jeans & pullover kind of guy. And this is an office. SO....we had to SHOP! But...before that, Bam had his first appointment with Dr. Halbert yesterday, so David picked me up at 3 and we were off to the vet. We got there & waited, and waited, and waited. 2 HOURS later, Bam got a clean bill of health, they got $90 bucks from us and we headed home. On the way home the kids called & wanted to know what we were having for dinner. Since a trip to Pinnacle was on the horizon, we decided we'd all just go out to eat. Let me tell you something, if you haven't tried Octavio's in Bentonville you are missing out! We've had both lunch & dinner there now & we LOVE it! Plus, it's pretty affordable! After dinner we all went to JC Penney's and got David something to wear to his interview today. (Sidenote: Men DO go through the drama in the dressing room just like we do ladies, it's not as easy as we seem to think it is for them). And I strongly suggest checking out Penney's clearance racks...they had some really great deals, and I even bought a few things for myself while we were there. Afterwards, it was back home & time for bed. I was wore out!
Today, plans are suddenly all up in the air. Remember, we're supposed to be leaving for the trip to Big David's with all the kids for the weekend. In my head, I'd take off around noon, we'd pack up & be out of here by 2 at the latest. And we'd be in Stuttgart in time for dinner. Now, NOW, David's interview is at 4 in Lowell, he might be back home by 5:30-he might get to start a new job tomorrow, Sunday, Monday...??? and I haven't even thought about packing a thing yet. So, to quote my phrase for the week....it's chaos, UTTER CHAOS!........me

No comments:

Post a Comment