Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Myriad of Things....

I feel like I needed to write a post this morning, to catch you up on things dear blog. It has been super crazy at my house the past few days, weeks, months...well you get the picture.

It's just been a whirlwind of things, first my Grandma passing away, then David's dad going thru another scare with his heart so David went down to go to the doctor with him (all is ok on that front I might add), then Uncle Wayne passed away & we spent the weekend in Dallas with family that we don't get to see nearly enough,
Then Brittni cancelled the wedding & there was all the hub-ba-balloo that went with that. And honestly? She is ok. I truly think the hardest part for her was actually making the decision that she couldn't marry Jerimiah. Once she made that decision for herself, and actually said it out loud, then it was over. We are so proud of her for following her beliefs, and her dreams, and not taking the easy road just to please everyone else. And I think (I hope) she learned one of life's lessons early...one that took me quite a bit longer in life to learn - that FAMILY is who you can depend on the most. We've just all tried so hard to be there for her, but not be overbearing...if you know what I mean. And I love that one of the people she called first, one of the people she really needed to be there for her, was Eddy. And he stepped right up, and was ready & willing to do whatever she needed. My kids are like most brothers & sisters in that they fuss & fight a LOT. But what's not typical of a lot of siblings...is that when it comes down to the wire....when it really REALLY counts, they are ALWAYS there for each other. And the bond they share, well, it just does my heart good! It makes me happy & warm & fuzzy & all that other mushy stuff. But still, it is so hard to see your child hurt. And it's hard to watch when you think they are on the wrong path. It's even harder not to try turn them around yourself, and tell them the direction you think they should go. But David has said all along, Brittni is a very smart & brave girl, we have to trust her. And trust her we did. And it was not in vain.

David will be going to days soon. YAY! They finally hired someone to take his place & he started training them last night. You might be wondering if we knew this person, and that's a big YES! They hired Jeff, David's little brother. Transplace is turning into a family affair for us here in The Allen's World...David, Brittni, Jeff...it's a mini family reunion there every week!


We kept Hunter man on Sunday night. He is so cute & funny & incredibly smart! (I'm serious, I'm not just saying that cuz I am Nana! ha!)...He is however, quite a handful. And it was SO funny because David said Monday morning about 5:30 when the little man woke up....we may wait til he's 12 to do this again! Ha ha! Yeah, SURE we will! Until the next time we get the chance to keep him overnight at least! He LOVES to play outside. He LOVES to crawl up on the couch & turn the lights on & off in the living room. He LOVES to sit on his Papa's lap & watch the crazy frog video on YouTube. He's been doing that with David since he was about six months old & it is so cute! Another thing he loves to do? Play in Boogie & Bam's water bowl in the kitchen. And that is what he was doing on Sunday when I almost killed myself! I was sitting in the living room & heard him spashing in the water...I went running into the kitchen to get him, slipped on the wet tile, fell HARD, and have really really REALY hurt my knee. X-Rays showed arthritus...am waiting on a call for an MRI, have a really ugly knee brace, and am on enough pain killers to knock out a horse! The good thing? I didn't fall on the baby! The bad thing? Surgery is probably on the horizon...
Anyhoo...I've gotta hobble to the bathroom & do my hair & get to work...so...til next time....me

No comments:

Post a Comment