Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time for a little update......

I know I haven't been very faithful about blogging lately and I am going to try do better. But it may not happen, because David goes to days on Monday! Last night was the last Wednesday night I would send him off for his 11pm shift! He still has to work tonight & tomorrow night, but unless things change, I will have him all to myself this weekend. It will be an adjustment for him...for us too, but it will be a good adjustment & life should get back to normal now, and I am so thankful & feel so blessed that God has taken care of this for us.
I saw the knee surgeon yesterday. Good news? No surgery - at least not for 5 more years, and then he said I most likely will have to have a knee replacement. (He also said unless something else takes you out like an illness or accident-gee thanks!) The bad news? There's not really anything he can do for it in the meantime. It's bone on bone, it's very painful, and basically he said, if it hurts - don't do it, take your pain pills when you need to, and if you just can't bear it, call me in a week & we'll start cortisone injections. He offered to do that yesterday, but followed up the offer with - they're painful, expensive & once you start you'll probably have to get one every three months or so until we do the surgery. So uh...no. I will tough it out & see if it gets better before I commit to something like that.
I kept Hunter man again Saturday night (and no, he's not 12 yet ha!) And I've tried to download a video of him at the bottom of this post...hope it works. He loves to climb on on the couch & turn the lights off & on. Thought it'd be nice to preserve the sweetness of this precious baby boy. Anyhoo, the kids brought him up & hung out with David & then me after David went to work. We had a good time. That baby is just so precious & funny & such a sweet little boy. Until - UNTIL - it's time to go to sleep. And then I have a wee bit of trouble with him. Trouble like...being up with him at 3 a.m. walking him, trying to feed him, trying to sing to him, play with him, take him outside...anything to make him quit crying! Wanna know what works? Sitting with him in David's recliner & watching cartoons until 5:30 am! Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, and I called Eddy @ nine the next morning & said come get your son-Nana needs some sleep! But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It's so hard to imagine that in six more months, I'll have a new little grandbaby to love & cherish & think the world revolves around. It will be interesting to see how little Hunter adjusts to not being the center of attention-cuz right now he's the only grandbaby in both families & he is a little spoiled! Well, gotta get to work....til next time....me

No comments:

Post a Comment