Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crazy

Have I mentioned that I have been drowning in paperwork for the past two weeks? Well, I have been. But I finally reached the other side of the river, or lake or pool or whatever works best here. David received a call from the friendly people over at the Internal Revenue Service & they needed us to get some paperwork together for them. They gave us 2 weeks! I have been beside myself getting receipts, statements, check stubs & what have you together! No less than 15 times I threw up my hands in frustration, or called David in tears & proclaimed..."I can NOT do this! It is just TOO much!" But in typical Tammy fashion, I waited until the very last minute - took a day & a half off from work, and am happy to report that I got said documents in the overnights Tuesday afternoon! Now - we wait. It's pretty obvious to expect that I forgot something, but I have no doubt the handy-dandy IRS man will be sure to call me & fill me in on whatever else he might need. Whew - just talking about that has about made me crazy - so I will move on to other things.


Speaking of crazy - I have something else trying to drive me there. I mentioned to David a couple months ago, that had I known we'd become the proud owner of two Labrador Retrievers, that I would have never EVER purchased micro-suede furniture when we bought the new house. David's leather recliner is the only thing that doesn't hold enough hair to make an additional two dogs. So when his cousin mentioned to us that they are moving, and had a leather couch & recliner they wanted to sell - of course my ears perked up! Then we got home, life happened & I forgot all about it. Until Aunt Shirley called to see if we wanted to go over & look at Kim & Alan's stuff before they posted it on Craigslist. I was in the midst of all the IRS drama, so it wasn't high on my priority list. But when I mentioned it to David, he said to call Kim & set up a time to go over & check it out. We really planned on just getting the recliner, but when we saw the couch we fell in love with it & it was such a good price we couldn't pass it up. We loaded them up & brought them home & here is where the crazy comes in.....I have no where to put them! No where, without giving up my almost brand new micro suede furniture. So everything is shoved in the living room & dining room right now. All cram packed in. And I don't know what to get rid of, or how to get rid of it, and it will have to be cleaned when I do decide. And I honestly just don't have time for that right now. My friend Terri came over the other night & she moved everything around ( I still can barely walk on my knee, so it was all up to her). But in the end, we decided we just have too much stuff in there, and until I let some of it go, it's not going to look good. And...in the end...we moved everything back to where we originally had it. Have I mentioned that the recliner is black leather, the couch tan, and David's recliner is a rust brown? NOTHING MATCHES! The good news is at least they are all earth tones, so maybe some throw pillows or a blanket throw or an area rug will tie them all together. Sounds good in theory, but Martha Stewart I am not! Anyway for now I am just going to live with it and it will all work out in the wash....gotta get to work....me

No comments:

Post a Comment