Saturday, January 30, 2010

Road Trips, Snow & Hunter!

Tuesday night Brit came over & we watched American Idol, then cleaned the house. She left around 11, and I still had the spare bedrooms to clean, but I stayed up & got everything done. I was dragging Wednesday, but went to Kohl's after work to spend my gift card I'd got for Christmas. Hurray for new bras! Anyway, I called & checked in with David on my way home & updated him on the weather report. We had a BAD storm coming in late Thursday, ice & then lots of snow. The more we discussed it, the more we both decided he might need to be at home. If it got so bad we lost electricity, I have no idea how to start the fireplace - and I try to NEVER drive when it's slick outside. SO....I went home, changed into some comfy clothes & headed out to Stuttgart about 7 p.m. I made pretty good time & got there around 11:30. Then we loaded David & Boogie up & headed back home. I was supposed to sleep all the way home, but believe it or not, I missed my husband & missed talking to him. So we just talked most of the way home. I did get some sleep in the truck, but when we got home at 4 a.m. I crashed - Hard - for 2 1/2 hours anyway. Then it was off to work. When I got home we made a run to the grocery store, it was already sleeting. We went to bed early that night, we were both exhausted. Imagine if you will, what it feels like to wake up from a dead sleep, to see someone STANDING IN YOUR BEDROOM! I screamed like crazy, woke David up, scared him to death, then EDDY turned the light on! Him & Dez had loaded Hunter up & headed down for a few days without telling any of us! I was SO happy to see them, but can not believe they came down when the weather was so bad. Kids - they don't check the weather before they plan a trip. I guess since I do, that means I'm getting old! Ha! Anyway they said the roads were fine until they hit Bella Vista. I told them next time they need to let me know they're on the way so I can pray for their safety. But as usual, God is in control, and He takes care of them & protects them, with or without my prayers! My grandson has gotten SO big. He is still the most beautiful baby in the whole world. And speaking of the baby, I'm gonna go now, so I can go hold him & love on him some more! Stay warm! me

No comments:

Post a Comment