Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Duck Blind 2009























Wednesday before last, David, Boogie & me headed out at noon to go to Stuttgart. This was to be the last "big" duck hunt of 2009. We also hadn't spent Christmas with Big David yet.
I can't remember if I blogged about our 1st duck hunt together. But I DO remember emphatically saying that I would NOT do that again...EVER....wrong... I lied.
We set the alarm for 3:45 Thursday morning. I woke up & fixed David breakfast. And as I was sitting there having my coffee, minding my own business (daydreaming about going back to bed), my sweet sweet husband invited me to go along with him - again. And try as I might to come up with any & every excuse not to go, I actually kinda felt a little bit bad that on that particular morning, he didn't have anyone to go with him. And I know how much he LOVES duck hunting & working Boogie. AND - I know how important it is to him to have a few pictures of each hunt.
So, without further ado, I went back to the bedroom, put on 15 layers of clothes, and announced I would be tagging along again.
The smile on his face was almost worth the boat rideout to the duck blind in the dark, crawling back in the duck blind through that little bitty door, freezing my ass off & getting my picture taken in this hideous outfit you see above....A-L-M-O-S-T! me

No comments:

Post a Comment