Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recap....

Dear Blog - I've been bad. I've neglected you lately & I'm sorry...well, actually, I'm not really sorry at all! Ha Ha! I just once again, find myself with so very little to write about. But - we are about to leave for Stuttgart - yes - again...and I wanted to just touch on some on the goings-on in the Allen's World. First off, Brittni had a wreck Friday night. She's fine. But sometimes I question who actually raised that child. She was on the Bentonville square around midnight, on her way to her friend Liz's house. And an older gentleman, in a brand new LEXUS, ran a stop sign & crashed into her passenger door. He didn't want to call the police, Brittni thinks she she has a crappy little car that there wasn't too much damage, he gives her $140 cash & she agrees not to call the police. Oh, and - since his car is so messed up he can't drive it, she offers to give this complete stranger A RIDE HOME! OMG - the scenarios that run through a mother's mind. But as usual, God's hand was on her & he actually was a really sweet old man. And the wrecker that came to pick up the Lexus gave him a ride home. In the chaos, he left a sack in her car. After she told us about it THE NEXT DAY and David looked at her car, she realized $140 wouldn't begin to fix it. There was a receipt in the bag he left, the internet is amazing, and to make a long story short, the man has happily agreed to fix her car for her at his expense. Thank you Lord Jesus. Next, Eddy has some medical stuff going on and I don't think he's going to be deployed in March. I'm sure he'll still have to go, it just may be postponed for a little bit. They thought he might be diabetic or anemic, blood work is back & he is thankfully NOT, but now they want to do a sleep study on him. They don't think he's resting when he sleeps therefore his body isn't healing the way it should. Weird, I know, but just one more thing to keep in our prayers. Speaking of prayers, Big David is having another surgery on his neck Friday morning. It's a pretty big deal (all surgery's are I guess), and he always needs our prayers. I'm using my birthday holiday at work, so we'll be leaving tomorrow after work - David may have to stay with his dad next week, so I may be home alone for a few days. What will I do with myself? Who knows? We'll just have to see. Until then.....me

No comments:

Post a Comment