Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday evening when I got home from work, it was time to get David packed (sort of) for him to drive down to Texas. Our very favorite cousin, Barbara Lee passed away last week. She was only 48, and had been fighting cancer for 3 years. It was a six hour drive down to Longview, TX. All week we had just felt like we couldn't afford to go. Thursday night Billy called David (that's Barb's son) and then he talked to Steve, Barb's husband. When he got off the phone he said, Baby, I HAVE to go. So the plan was, he & Brittni would leave at 3 am, go to his mom's, and three carloads of family would leave out & all drive together. I stayed home with Eddy, Des & Hunter. I just can't get enough of them right now. And there wasn't really room for 3 of us in our truck. We had a wonderful day together Saturday. I just loved on the baby, oh, and cleaned house. David & Brit got home about 8 that night. The NEXT morning, at 5 am, David & Eddy went duck hunting & killed 2 ducks! Right here at home! We drive 5 hours to go to Stuttgart hunting, and all along David could've been hunting right in Centerton! HA! They got home at about 10 a.m. They had SO much fun together. I'm so glad they got to spend some quality alone time together this time! And what has more quality & male bonding in it than HUNTING!
The night before, we had invited Brittni & her new boyfriend Jeremiah over for a late breakfast! (Yes, I said boyfriend, and yes, I think it may be serious, but I'm not going there right now.) I can't even begin to tell you what kind of personal heaven I was in, standing in my kitchen making bacon & sausage & eggs & biscuits and gravy for my whole ENTIRE family! The girls always hang out in the kitchen & help me & it's so much fun. Then we got our Christmas tree & decorations down & all put up the tree together (finally). Before I knew it, Britt & Jeremiah had to leave. I was sad, but at least she's starting to bring him around the family, so hopefully we'll see a little more of her now. There's a bunch more to tell about Sunday afternoon, like Eddy getting my dad 2 very expensive trained bird dogs (for free), us all loading up & taking said dogs to Fayetteville & watching my dad's face (he had said he wasn't getting any more dogs - but had changed his mind sometime after we got Boogie) visiting with my step-mom Debbie & watching her love on Hunter...getting home late, going to bed late...yada yada yada.... but all in all, it was a wonderful wonderful weekend, one I wouldn't trade for anything in the whole wide world! me

No comments:

Post a Comment