Friday, December 18, 2009

Catch Up - Continued


I'll start where I left off...we went to Eddy & Dez's house to get some rest. When we walked in the door, the picture at the top is the first thing I saw. Have I mentioned yet that my one & only son will be leaving for Iraq in March? Talk about hitting home...this did. And with all the emotions of the baby, the stress of the ice road trucker trip...it about did me in. The tears just started falling. But my sweet husband reminded me of something. To be THANKFUL that he has this ?Kevlar? to keep him safe. It's all his bullet proof stuff. And, I am thankful that my baby at least has that to protect him. It's just that my heart keeps telling me he'd be SO much safer, here at home. The second thing I saw was that they hadn't unpacked. At all. (Well, maybe a little, the bed & dressers were up, the crib was up, the bathroom was done, and the few dishes they have were put up). BUT - remember, they've only been in Kansas a week. And Des WAS 8+ months pregnant. So I knew immediately that Brittni & I had our work cut out for us. We were determined that Hunter & his mommy & daddy would come home to a spotless unpacked house to start their new life together. But first things first, we had to get some sleep. After we got up, we made a trip to Wal Mart for groceries, then came back & me & Pudge went to work! As much as I wanted to just be at the hospital, there was no reason to, they would NOT let me in. And if Eddy stayed in the waiting room visiting with us, he wouldn't be able to be in the room w/ Des & Hunter. Brittni & I worked all the rest of the day, and up until close to midnight getting everything unpacked & setting up the nursery. I know we probably didn't put things where Des would have, but at least everything was unpacked & put up & out where she could find it when she got home. We went to bed EXHAUSTED Tuesday night. They said if everything was good Wed a.m. that Dez & Hunter could come home that morning. I was SO excited & ready to get my hands on that baby! BUT - Eddy called about 9:30 with bad news...Dez's blood pressure was still too high for them to release her. I hung up the phone and told David- well, get ready to stay another day, because I did not come all this way to leave without holding my first grand baby, and hugging Desi - lou! We went up to the hospital and took the kids a few things they needed, made ANOTHER trip to Wal Mart then went back to their apartment. I had BIG plans, but-was too tired to do much but watch TV with David. We went to bed early. The NEXT morning, they let them come home. We dug Dez's car out from under all the snow & ice - it took David & Britt about 1 hour to thaw it out, and went to the hospital. I wanted to grab Hunter from the nurse when she finally walked out those doors with him, but she wouldn't let me. I had to wait until we got home to hold him. And hold him I did! And loved on him, and kissed him & changed his diaper, and fed him & started telling him first thing, that I love him more than ANYBODY else in the whole world loves him....and that when he gets old enough to talk, he just needs to remember that for his birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Day, whatever day, all he needs to tell his mommy & daddy is that "All I want for ___ is to go to my Grandma Tammy's". Then I promised him once he gets here, I'll get him anything he wants or needs! Ha! me


No comments:

Post a Comment