Friday, December 18, 2009

How Hunter Ended Up At Our House

One quick story I have to tell...Eddy & Des had to take Hunter to the Dr. on Monday morning. The plan was, if - IF - he'd gained enough weight & everything was ok, they were going to leave right after the doctors appointment & head to Arkansas for a week or so. All weekend long I kept thinking about seeing Hunter. (And Eddy & Dez too). It was the l.o.n.g.e.s.t. weekend ever! The only thing that made it better was that the kids seem to call me a lot more now that they have a new baby! It doesn't even matter when they call me at almost midnight to tell me he has the hiccups, and how can they get rid of them? Or at 1 a.m. when Eddy calls freaking out because he thinks Hunter has "google eyes" (his term), and I have to reassure them that newborns eye muscles aren't quite developed yet. I LOVE those calls. Anyhoo, they were going to be at the dr's office at 8:30, and at 9 I couldn't take it anymore so I had to call them. Eddy answered. And told me - that Hunter's doctor said he hadn't gained enough weight & they needed to see him again on Wed. I was suspicious. So I called David & told him to call the kids & see if they were just playing with me. About 20 minutes later he called me back & told me they were not coming. I kept telling myself that maybe they were just playing one of their jokes. But that if they weren't, and the doctor needed to see Hunter on Wednesday, then they needed to stay in Kansas & I shouldn't feel so bad about it. I waited a couple hours & called Des. She said she was feeding Hunter. I went on about my day, down in the dumps, wondering now if they'd even be able to come on Wed. About 2:30 Dez called, to ask me about something at her house... and I knew then, they really really really weren't coming. You can only imagine my reaction about 10 minutes later, when I turned around in my chair at work & there stood Dez, with Eddy holding Hunter! You got me guys, you got me good! me p.s. Hunter had only gained an ounce & 1/2... the doctor hoped for two. Yesterday, they took him to the doctor up here, he'd gained weight. He now weighs 4 lbs, 14 ounces!

No comments:

Post a Comment