Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! My goodness how time has gone by these last couple weeks! We had Christmas, New Year's, work, time off work! It has all been a blur!
And here I sit, on January 3rd, getting ready for work! I wanna re-cap our holiday season briefly at least!

Friday evening before Christmas Eve we took AJ down to Prairie Grove to meet Brenda. Before we left we had our little Christmas with him & Jessica (his girlfriend). It wasn't much but we want him to know he's now part of our family. We had dinner with Brenda & Ben & Diane and the kids. It was a nice evening. AJ left yesterday for basic training, so we won't be seeing or hearing from him for a while. We wish him luck & love as he starts this new part of his life!

Christmas Eve we went to my Aunt Bev's & had Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Of course it felt different, this was the first year Grandma wasn't there. But all in all it went really well. Davin was a hit of course, Hunter go spoiled rotten with presents, we had lots of good food & family time & I am so glad most of us were able to make it. Eddy had to work, so he couldn't come, but Brittni & Rob managed to come by a little later on. It was just nice.

Christmas morning our family woke up at 5:30 when Eddy & Brittni got home from work & had our Christmas together. Let me just tell you that HUNTER MAN has opening presents figured out! He loved it! We got him a race car track with little cars, BOXING GLOVES for him & Pee paw to fight with, pj's and a couple little things. It feels SO good to have a little one for Christmas again.

Christmas lunch was at Brenda's & it was SO yummy. Aunt Shirley & Uncle Tommy, Diane & the kids, Britt & Rob, Eddy & Dez & the babies...good times!

Work was SO slow last week. I am hoping that it really picks up starting today.

This weekend was wonderful. We went to a friend's little girl's birthday party Saturday afternoon. Sun & Mon morning David, Eddy & Marshall went duck hunting up here. And yesterday Dez took the kids to her mom's & I got it done - ALL of it!!! The tree is down, the laundry is done, the house is finally cleaned & I am ready for the new year! I wanted to do a re-cap of all that's happened in 2011....but I figure for the most part, I can just go back & re-read my blog. Big things though.....

Davin Cole Allen arrived!
We lost my Grandma Purser.
Brittni got engaged - we planned a wedding - we called OFF a wedding!
David's dad had open heart surgery & David worked in Stuttgart for about 6 weeks.
We found out about - and met AJ
We went to Cancun
Eddy & Des bought a house.
Hunter went from a baby to a little boy
Brittni met Rob
David & I have been married 24 1/2 years now.
Life is really, REALLY good!

I'm sure I missed some big ones...but it's time for me to get to work....I may add more later...til next time - me

No comments:

Post a Comment