Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quoting David's Facebook post on our weekend...










"Boogie took 2nd place in the Duck Dog Challenge yesterday at Mack's Prairie Wings, with a run of 23.1 seconds on 150 yard double retrieve. She even beat last weekends winning run of 23.9 seconds. The closest dog to us all day was 25.2 seconds. We sure thought we had it won, all day long we were the time to beat. Until when a very UNTRAINED dog was at the line and then the remote bumper launcher fired a misfire, causing the bumper to only launch about 5 yards from the launcher. This made the distance of the 2nd retrieve a lot shorter. NO FOUL WAS CALLED!!! Then the guy sent his dog and he beat us with 21.9 seconds on a VERY SLOPPY retrieve. Everyone protested this run to the Avery judges, including me. The judges said this could have happened to any trainer running his dog and since the launcher fired it was a legal run. Needless to say I was very unhappy about it.

Then after saying my personal favorite saying, "COOL HEADS WILL PREVAIL" about ten to twenty times to myself, I come to the conclusion that maybe this guy needed the $500 Avery Gear for winning first a lot worse than I did. So, I'm OK with that. And Congrats to him."


And THAT about sums up the competition this year! Except he forgot to mention MY dog Bam...who did amazingly well, but didn't place. I had to keep telling him 2nd place out of SO many dogs is nothing to be ashamed of. Anyway...there are more pictures to come....and a much more detailed account of our weekend too I'm sure! But til next time.....me

No comments:

Post a Comment