Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ducks Unlimited

Last night David & I attended the Ducks Unlimited Banquet in Fayetteville. Let me just say from the get go that I didn't have high hopes for it being anything but a long drawn out conference type thing where speakers got up & talked about all the ways our money could help duck conservation. Boy was I ever wrong! We had the best night out we've had in a long time! We had SO much fun! There were no "speakers"...when we got to the door to buy our ticket, there was a man selling coozies - buy a coozie, free drinks all night! (Needless to say I made sure David jumped right on that for us!) They had a silent auction, a real live auction, TONS of raffle give aways - which unfortunately we didn't win anything! They served us an amazing dinner. David & I walked around, hung out together, looked at EVERYTHING (Ducks Unlimited Prints, duck calls, lots of duck guns, and a variety of other things). We met a young marine who was just in town for a few days, he was such a nice young man, David invited him to come down to the farm for a weekend hunt! Eric (Eddy & David's friend) was a volunteer there. I even saw one of my long lost cousins from my mamma's side of the family! We drank WAY too much, laughed even more, spent more money than I care to admit & had an AMAZING time! We didn't get home until 10:30 (which is at least 2 hours after our bedtime - ha!). And the best part? The VERY VERY VERY BEST part????? I won a HUGE DU framed print of Labs in the silent auction! I stalked our auction sheet the first half of the night, making sure anytime anyone put their name under my bid, I was right there bumping up the bid! I'm not sure what happened, I turned into some kind of crazy woman I wanted that picture SO bad! (I tend to do that where auctions are involved, just ask anyone that's ever watched me in a live bidding auction!) But in the end, I won! And I have just the place for that picture. Right above our fireplace in the living room, the focal point when you walk in. I'm proud of this one, and I want everybody to know it! me

No comments:

Post a Comment