Friday, April 15, 2011

Finally Friday

It is finally Friday again - yay! This week has actually gone by pretty fast. Work has been crazy. I'm on a different project than sales right now & it is kicking my butt. It's been a long long time since the days flew by like they have this past week. But what is that saying? Idle hands are the devil's workshop? So, I'm thankful to be doing something that is keeping me busy and the calls I am making are GOOD calls. Telling our dealers about a new & improved program coming at the end of this month. They are already signed up in our program, so my job is to tell them about the changes, and KEEP them in. It's still "sales" just with a different spin on it. David's eye surgery went well. They stuck SIX NEEDLES in his eyelid! The only bad news? Last night he realized he has more eyelashes growing in-and that is bad. They said he might have to come back & do it again, I was hoping not, but it looks like he's gonna have to have another one. (This all is because of a horrible wreck he had back at Easter in 1989...the technology back then wasn't nearly as good as it is now, and the plastic surgeon that fixed him up actually kind of messed him up instead). They sent my grandma home on hospice Monday. I talked to my Aunt Bev for a little bit last night & she just is not doing very good. She's really confused about some things, and she will wake my poor aunt up at 3 am to tell her she wants mashed potatoes & gravy. Then she can't eat it after she fixes it for her. My aunt said her favorite "snack" right now is ranch dressing. On what you ask? Nothing! Just ranch dressing! Please pray for both my grandma, and my aunt right now as they go through this. I may have said this before, but I will say it again, God has a special place in heaven for people like my aunt Bev. I think people forget (especially family members & me included) how much stress & pressure is involved being a caretaker for someone you love. The wedding plans have kinda stalled this week. I have a friend that is doing the layout for the invitations, but she needs me & Brittni to find a time to come to her house one evening & just pick everything out so we can get it done. The problem? Finding time to do that with work, Brittni's school, David's schedule...you know....life. Desiree is trying to get a doctors appointment. David came home yesterday & said Eddy called him at 4:30 in the morning (they both work nights still), and said he thought they were having twins! David wasn't sure WHY he thought that, but when I talked to Des she said they were talking about her hormones doubling...and somewhere in there Eddy thought that meant "double babies"! Ha! We had a good laugh over that. I have to remember that when Des was pregnant with Hunter, Eddy wasn't here. He was stationed away from here in the Army. He didn't get to be with his wife & experience all the changes as she got farther along! Des lived with us then. He was away. He has NO idea what he's in for. Bam is testing my patience lately. The last 2 nights he has chewed the cord to our bedroom fan in half!!! While it's plugged in! Yesterday morning David said, I bet he won't do that again, he probably got shocked! Um, he was wrong. I woke up at 3 this morning because something wasn't "right"...it was too quiet and I thought the storm must've knocked out the electric. Nope, BAM had pulled the cord out of the outlet again & chewed in all up! I am SO mad at him! I spanked him & told him no & showed him what he did wrong. But - he is Bam, so I don't know that it helped!

Well, that's about it for now. Ya'll have a good weekend....me

2 comments:

  1. http://shadow-doubt.blogspot.com/2010/12/swamp-monster-caught-on-trail-cam.html

    This is that pic that's on dad's phone... it's from Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy! Oh my goodness-I am so far behind!
    I didn't know David had surgery - glad it went well.
    Didn't know that Des is preggo - that is awesome! When is she due?
    I would love to give a shower for Brittni - let me know.
    And - I am praying for your family as you let your Grandma go. Hard stuff.
    Love you my friend,
    Char

    ReplyDelete