Friday, April 1, 2011

Amazingly Great Great News!

David is going to days! David is going to days! David is going to days! Did I tell you that David is going to days! Yes, he is. He was asked last night to move to days to help get a new start up account off the ground. Why am I SO excited you ask? Well, let me tell you. Our lives will soon go back to normal. Or some semblance of normal anyway. No more of this passing each other as one of us goes to work, and the other is just getting home. No more weekends that pass in a blur because David has to work 12 hour night shifts & we can't go do anything because he is exhausted & has to sleep. No more of David spending his days off alone while I trudge in to work full of regret that I can't spend the day with him. This will open our lives back up & allow us to do the things together that we love. We can wake up at the butt crack of dawn & take the boat to the lake for the day. We can get up early Saturday mornings & go to garage sales. We can take off to Big David's Friday afternoon when we get off work & spend the whole weekend. We can even take the camper to the lake & spend a couple weeks there like we used to do, and just go to work & back from there! We can take off on a Saturday afternoon & go visit family. God knew we needed this & He has provided it for us and I am so grateful. While I am busy being grateful, David is busy being a little bit nervous. It's a big change for him. The night shift is much more laid back than days. Transplace is a big corporation, with a corporate dress code & policies. Things will be different for him but I am not a bit worried. He has this amazing ability to fit in wherever he is. And he is the fastest learner I've ever known. He just needs to be shown something once & he's got it. It isn't happening immediately, first they have to hire someone to take his place, then he has to train them. Also, it's going to take some really hard work & long hours getting this department set up, so they said for the first few months to expect to work 50,60,70 hour weeks! It will all be worth it in the end. So with all that being said....."CONGRATULATIONS BABY!" I love you & I'm proud of you. me

No comments:

Post a Comment