Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's Been A Long Week

It's been a long day/week. I miss David tonight. Work has been HELL. I had some problems with this new thing we've been selling on Friday. Big problems. Got the company in trouble with the new account. Got myself in trouble. I can say in all honesty it wasn't my fault. Too many people are working on this thing. We're all doing what we're told to do. But it changes, every day...no every hour. Sometimes more. I was SO glad it was Friday and I have the weekend to re-group, re-charge.
Last night my friend Sherry came over. And we stayed up until 4:30 this morning talking. About everything. Her boyfriend troubles, my troubles, our work troubles. It was nice. Just to hang out & vent. And solve the world's problems. Even Brittni got in on it for an hour or two.
Speaking of Brittni, she did the sweetest thing last night. She brought me flowers. Just because. Just because she knows I'm having a tough time right now. Just because she loves me no matter what. It was really really nice.
Since I went to bed so late, or early...I slept all day with David. Until I remembered if I didn't get up & go to the grocery store before he left for work, I wouldn't be able to. My original plan for tonight was to run to the store & pick up a few groceries, go out & visit my grandma & Aunt Bev for awhile, then stop back by Walmart to pick up a few things & buy a couple pairs of jeans. However, in all my planning, I seemed to have forgotten that we only have one running vehicle. (We gave Brittni the Mitsubishi - David said it'd be cheaper on us in the long run, just to give it to her & let her insure & tag it). And, I don't want to take off in the blazer, it break down, and me have no one to come get me. So I made a mad dash to the grocery store & spent way too much money as usual. I also dropped the entire carton of eggs in the driveway, broke all but one, and now need to go back & get more eggs!
After David left tonight I got to feeling pretty down & sorry for myself, so to beat that, I decided to take it out on the house. All the laundry is done & put up. Carpets are all vacuumed. I even tackled Hunter's room (my spare room) and got it all cleaned up & back to normal. I won't lie & say that didn't about do me in, but it's done, and I'm still alive. David called earlier to check on me, and just made me remember how much I hate that he works nights - especially on the weekends. The up side is that this is his "Friday", it's his last night, so we have all day tomorrow together. We need to find something to go do to get us out of this house for awhile. It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow, so who knows, maybe we'll get the bass boat out & go to the lake.
Anyway, it's late, I'm tired and ready for bed. So...til next time - me

No comments:

Post a Comment