Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SNOW DAY!


So I took LOTS of pictures with my camera this morning and will have to download them to the computer & post some here. But this we took with David's phone. It doesn't do justice to what is outside my house right now! Record breaking snowfall! 24-26 or more inches!!!! Right here in NWA! My office closed today and has already closed for tomorrow. At 6 a.m. tomorrow it is supposed to be -7 degrees! YES I SAID MINUS SEVEN!!! (Not sure why I'm yelling, probably for effect - ha!)
We got up at 6 this a.m. & turned on the news, everything was closing. XNA (our airport), all the major schools including the UofA. Got an email from work saying to wait & come in at 10 unless you could get there earlier. Well, there is almost nothing David likes more than to bundle up & get out on the snow and drive. Especially in the new(new to us) Mitsubishi. So it was off to work we went. By the time we got to the gas station my work had closed. So we ran to the grocery store & came home. I took pictures the whole way. It's hard to describe. The snow was up to the tops of the mailboxes in our neighborhood. The snow on the road was up above our front bumper! The Corolla in our driveway? You can't even find it! And I have to admit it-it was kinda fun getting out & seeing the neighborhood like this! I've been working from home most of the day. David's work called & they are transferring the phones to him tonight so he doesn't have to go in. JJ's work shut down. Eddy however, HAS to be at work tonight at 5. And he's on call right now. Oh, and get this: For the first time e.v.e.r.....Walmart Home Office is closed! That's how serious it is here. I told David I hoped this wasn't the beginning of the Apocalypse!
We hadn't been home long when Eddy called-and guess what? They lost electricity! That is not good. They have no way to heat their apartment and keep little Hunter man warm. So yes....they bundled him up & came to mama's house! I was so anxious & worried waiting on them to get here, but when I told David, do you know what he said? "I'm not worried at all. They will make it. That's MY boy you're talking about & he'll get here fine!" Sure enough, 2 hours later (It usually takes 15 min)...they were here safe.
I've got some things to blog about coming up, but am not ready to put into words yet...so for now, I better get back to work! me

No comments:

Post a Comment