Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stuttgart Is His Temporary Home

David is in Stuttgart. Big David had open heart surgery last Thursday. David left here Wednesday night. The surgery went well. Triple bypass. But here's the thing. Everything "Big David" falls on "Little David". And "Little David" works for an amazing company. Barb, his boss called him on Thursday afternoon. Evidently he had been talking at work about how worried he was about who was going to take care of his dad after he gets home from the hospital. Big David is a stubborn man, and a man that won't just take it easy and recuperate. David had mentioned to Barb that we may have to hire someone to stay with him, take care of the house, his dogs, the place..cook for him, make sure he takes his medicine, etc. And do you know what she did? She talked to the big bosses at Transplace. They have a satellite office in Stuttgart. And by Friday, they had an office set up for David down there, his computer, accounts, files, phones, etc all set up just like he was here. And they are going to let him work from Stuttgart!!! It is such a blessing! David doesn't have to worry about his dad, and WE don't have to worry (so much) about money, him taking too much time off, his job...none of that! The only down side, is that David is down there, and I am up here! I had to stay to work, and keep the dogs. There was no way we could both go down there & the dogs stay cooped up in the kennels all day & night. Especially in this heat. And with this new Walmart stuff I'm doing at work, taking a week off just wasn't in the cards. We are in another contest for Cancun. Cancun in December!!! Plus, sales are just way way down & no body is taking any vacation time right now. I still have 3 days of vacation I have to take before September 4th. I'm going to take 4 hours vacation on Friday...but I may just lose the rest of it. I am leaving tomorrow night to go to Stuttgart. Right after work. I have SO much to do between now & then. Get the oil changed in the truck, pick up David's prescriptions, go to Walmart, pay bills, pack...work. But I can handle it. I can't wait to get down there & see my husband for the first time in over a week. I also want to see Big David & see for myself that he's doing ok. I have to meet the Dish Network guy down at the farm on Friday afternoon. Since Big David is supposed to take it easy for at least the next six weeks, David had me call & order satellite TV for down there. Right now, they get maybe 3 channels, and you have to go out & turn the antennae to get them to come in. Hopefully, this will keep his dad in the recliner, and they'll be a big enough variety on the basic package to keep him occupied when he does get home. We'll see how that works out, right?
Anyhoo....it's 6:30 a.m. & time for me to leave for work. Til next time....me

No comments:

Post a Comment