Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A New Week

So another weekend has came & gone...in a flash, just like usual. But I do have some fun left hanging over from my weekend. See, my nieces Kayla & Kara are spending a few days with us & I LOVE IT! It is so much fun to have two teenage girls around! They are so sweet & silly & I just can't wait to get home to them in the afternoons!
David & I went to a friend's birthday party out in Winslow Saturday night. We took the dogs out to their "farm", and they had a shrimp boil. I am going to have to remember this come duck season. They built a big outside fire & us girls put shrimp, sausages, corn on the cob, potatoes & some seasoning in a huge pot of water. Then David carried it out & put on on the fire. We all visited & sat around drinking beer & watching the kids ride around on the four wheelers & in about an hour it was done. They had tee posts set up & mesh wire tied to the tee posts, & they just poured everything from the pot onto the wire & everyone helped themselves. It was really cool.
Sunday David had to work, but my mom dropped off the girls & Eddy & Dez brought Hunter up & they spent the day with us. All in all it was a great weekend.

It looks like this weekend we'll be heading to Stuttgart. See, Ms. Boogie is in heat, and David has gotten in touch with Jimbo from RNT (Rich N Tone Duck Calls), and the plan is to take her down there to her new "boyfriend" Tank, and see if maybe, just maybe, they will get together & she'll have puppies. I know that few people realize this, but it is a VERY VERY big deal. Tank is an AMAZING duck dog. He's a celebrity too & has his own TV show. And, if it works, these will be the first puppies for Boogie and for Tank. So, we'll have to wait & see, but keep your fingers crossed. And, of course another reason we're going down is to check on Big David. He has to have a double bypass in a couple weeks, so we need to get down there & make sure he's doing ok.
Well, once again, I've gotta get to work.....me

No comments:

Post a Comment