Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July Re-Cap

Sometimes the most intimidating thing about blogging is how far behind I sometimes get. Once again life has been crazy busy. The fourth of July weekend was so jam packed full of stuff I didn't have a minute to stop & write about it. I have pictures to post from most of it...but when will I find the time to download them to the computer & post them? I start posts in my head all the time. And I do mean ALL THE TIME. But with David on days now, I don't have that extra 1/2 hour in the morning to catch things up like I used to. That being said, he's been working 12 hour days, sometimes more. But since we get up no later than 5 a.m. & I've been going in at 7 & staying til 5:30...well, I'm just too tired to blog when I get home. But there are a few things I want to write down, just so I remember them. If I get a chance to add pictures later on, then I will. If not, so be it!
The Rodney Carrington concert was a blast! We had a scare that he might not get off work in time to go, but he did. Our friend Terri & her cousin Shawna met us at the AMP and it was awesome! On the way out David grabbed my hand and said, "hey, I really needed that!" We laughed so much. Then we headed to Jose's in Springdale with Terri & Shawna & closed the place down. Saturday night we had friends over for a fish fry. It was fun (but a LOT of work). Then Sunday night me & David went to my Aunt Bev's to watch the fireworks. They were AWESOME! David has never been & had no idea that they shoot off a huge display & that it goes on for almost an hour & a half! Jeff brought Thomas & Grace, Eddy, Des, Britt & Hunter man were there too, along with my dad & step mom, my mom, sister, nieces - well almost my whole family! Even Trevor - David's "step" nephew got to come. David is already planning next year and instead of grilling hot dogs he's talking brisket! That night Jeff, the kids & Trevor all spent the night, so of course the next morning I fixed a big breakfast for a houseful!!!
Monday, the actual 4th of July, we grilled, the kids all played in the pool, and we shot off fireworks & watched fireworks going off all around us for hours! All in all it was an awesome weekend spent with family & friends. It was everything I hoped for & more....til next time...me
Monday, the ACTUAL 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment