Monday, May 16, 2011

The Bridal Registry

Ok, it is going on midnight here in The Allen's World...and yes - I have to get up & go to work tomorrow. But my head is still reeling from the last SIX AND ONE HALF hours so I just had to share. This afternoon when I got off work Brittni & I went to do her bridal registry. She asked me to go help her do it, and I thought it'd be fun. Now I would've been fine - just fine - with only going to Wally World. But several people suggested that we'd need to register at at least one other place besides Walmart, because evidently there are people out there that don't step foot in the evil Walmart domain. So we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond. And the lady there INSISTED that we register at least 250 items! It took forever. And we are the kind of people that it bothers...to click on a paper towel holder that costs $25! We were trying to be so careful not to over do it! The girl that was helping us was very bossy! She kept telling us we should choose items in a wide range of prices. Uh hello? Practical people here! Then, it was off to Walmart. It was much more fun & so much easier there to pick things in all kinds of price ranges. And guess what? NO PRESSURE! They just turned us loose with the scanner & said, bring it back when your done. No lists of items we had to check off. No high priced "suggestions". And we picked out a nice variety of things & got it done. When we got home though, we looked on her BB&B registry, and the lady there had insisted she pick at least one set of dishes...they didn't let us see the price. Well Brittni picked a nice, but plain set. It turned out it was $99. And the lady at BB&B set her up for TWELVE SETS!!! And a $200 platter, and a $150 serving bowl. That is over $1500!!! Needless to say, Britt logged right on & removed all those items! She could get 4 sets of dishes she REALLY liked at Walmart, for the price of the one that was ok at BB&B. Not to mention the fact that her & JJ don't need 4 (and certainly not 12) sets of dishes just yet! Anyway....that was kinda our night. I am so exhausted from being on my feet for so long after working all day. And, I didn't mention that David headed to his dad's first thing today, so we got up at 4:30 this morning. So it's time for me to hit the sack....til next time....me

No comments:

Post a Comment