Friday, December 17, 2010

Blog Update

Isn't December flying by fast this year? Actually this whole YEAR has gone by SO fast. It seems like yesterday when we were all anxiously waiting for Hunter to arrive, I had so many fears about Eddy getting deployed to Afghanistan, Brittni was out of school and trying to get back in, David had been laid off, and my work was so slow we didn't know what to do.
Flash forward a year & this is what you'll see: Hunter is the light of our lives, Eddy is out of the Army & has a good job, Brittni just took her finals, David is working at a great company that seems to really appreciate him (and they have GREAT insurance), and it's been great the past few months at work. God is SO good to us, and always has great plans for us, if only we'd trust Him & His plans.
So, I've got a little catching up to do. David took Brittni & Jeramiah duck hunting last weekend. Yes, I said BRITTNI. She kept at him until he finally broke down & took her. He kept saying before he left, "What am I doing?", and I'd just reassure him that it would be good for them to spend some time together, and Brit said her daddy has never taken her hunting before & that he always takes Eddy. I told him "one time, one time is all it will take & she will have her fill of it & never want to go again". I love it when I'm right! He said she likes to watch ducks a whole lot more than hunt them, plus the fact that it was in the teens each morning probably didn't help - ha! My mom had her check up yesterday & her staples removed from her pacemaker surgery & everything is going well there. Us girls are going to their house in Huntsville tomorrow night to have our Christmas together there and I am really looking forward to it. David & Eddy have to work, so it'll just be us & Hunter man, but I can't wait. I have ALL my Christmas shopping done & the presents are wrapped up under the tree already! There is ONE (maybe two) gifts left. Eddy's & maybe David's. I say maybe David because we aren't supposed to be buying each other a present, but I have Brittni on the lookout to let me know if he breaks the rules & gets me something! I really have all I want or need & he does too, so it just makes sense not to buy anything for each other. We're at that point in our lives if we need something we go get it, and if we want something, well, we get it when we can. And, I've broken a tradition this year. Our kids (our adult kids) are only getting one gift each this year! And it is nothing extravagant. We have got to let them grow up, and stop spoiling them rotten, and what better time than now to let them find out that "No Virginia, there isn't really a Santa Claus!" ha ha!
Anyway, the boys & some friends are off to Stuttgart Sunday morning for 3 days, and I'm having Christmas at our house this year, so I've got a lot to do, and very little time to do it in. We all know how OCD I really am, and everything has to be perfect! So I better get to it. If I get too busy & don't get to blog for a bit.....Merry Christmas!!! me

No comments:

Post a Comment