Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy 77th Birthday Grandma!

Today is my grandma's 77th birthday. Brit & I headed down to Fayetteville as soon as David left for work. We stopped & got her a beautiful card & a nice new plant (another one that my poor Aunt Bev will have to take care of)...We got there just in time for birthday cake. It's funny, my grandma is diabetic, and she used to wouldn't eat anything off her diet. She suddenly LOVES cookies from Subway, pie, and birthday cake. Me & Brittni joke that "she's just not diabetic anymore!" Like my dad & I both say, if we were in her shoes, we'd eat WHATEVER we wanted! Anyway, it was a nice time looking through old photos, her telling stories about when I was little...I didn't do much to help out tonite, just a sink full of dishes, but we did get to visit. And time with her is so precious, now more than ever.

Our trip to Mexico is fast approaching! We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow! Am I ready? Nope. But would I leave in the morning if I could? You bet! I have a least been tanning up at the clubhouse and am getting a little color. David took me Monday night & I bought dresses for dinner each night. I honestly think I've got everything we need....except a couple pair of shorts for me & a few tank tops for David. And of course all the last minute stuff I'll think of.

Brittni & Jeremiah are going to house/dog sit for us while we're gone. And...speaking of dogs...Boogie is NOT having puppies!! WHOO HOO! Dr. Halbert called today with the test results! I think it was worth the $100 for the test, just to see the relief on David's face. I mean really....who would want 1/2 registered lab & 1/2 red heeler puppies?? NOT ME, no matter how cute they were.

Of course I'm missing my Hunter-man! What makes it worse is that Des' mom Kim is heading up there tomorrow to see them. That woman is driving for 5 1/2 hours, to babysit Hunter for 2 hours while Eddy & Dez go do some mandatory Army thing tomorrow night! But I'm glad she is going. I know Dez misses her terribly, and both the kids are really homesick, so this will be nice for all of them. I just wish I had it on my schedule to go see them soon. But with the tax stuff I am STILL working on, Grandma being sick, David working nights & Mexico on the horizon...not to mention the expense....it's just not to be right now.

Well, that's about all I've got for now... again, there is SO much going on, so much I could write about, so much I want to say....but alas, midnight is fast approaching, & I've gotta go to work tomorrow! me

3 comments:

  1. Geeezzzzz... made me tired just reading about everything you did and have to do. Slow down girl -

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO time to slow down Char....I'll rest in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens, I think I'm gonna have to go back to bed and sleep some more after just reading about all that you are doing! :-)
    And I just got up a few minutes ago! LOL
    I'm glad you got to spend some good time with your grandma and I KNOW you must miss that grandbaby terribly.
    In the midst of it all, take care care of yourself! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete